Saturday 21 May 2011

The sun has got its hat on....

We are all enjoying the warmer weather and although I nag you all at the classes about keeping your dogs cool and being aware when travelling, I can't help but nag you again.  Check out the website and FB page for our information on 'Keeping your dog cool this summer'.
We have had some great new dogs join the groups over the past couple of weeks:- A Podenco,  a chihuahua, a chihuahua x JRT, a JRT, an Irish setter, a border collie,  and the list goes on and on.  I will post some photos and keep you updated on their progress.
Chilli has been trying the waters in the puppy class now and is doing so well, she has really turned a corner, meeting and greeting really well, just the lead issue to settle down now.  Basil is growing well and providing a lovely foil for Chilli's exuberance.
Rubens, the Jack-a-bea is improving, he had some quiet fun today which is always a blessing as he does like to be heard.
Miss Olive has had us worried with a womb infection (pyometra), these are serious things, luckily hers was an open pyo and as I got her to the vets before she became poorly the antibiotics seem to have done the trick.  She will be spayed in 6 weeks unless the infection kicks in again.
I would urge all of you who have entire bitches to monitor them closely during and after their seasons, pyometras can be fatal if the infection takes hold. Have a read of the Wikipedia info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyometra.  I am all for spaying bitches but as a behaviourist I prefer them to have one season first, Miss Olive was on her second as I simply forgot to get her booked in.  Luckily I noticed the signs before she was too ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment